Heroes of the Subway

Dan and I saw this man get on at the Tasker/Morris stop. He looked to me like maybe underneath his demure raincoat, there might lurk a superhero. He just had that kind of chiseled, serious and humorless look I expect from my every day heroes.

Trying to capture a clear image of passengers exciting off at Snyder.


The view I see every morning waiting for the train.


This girl reminded me of the central character in Muriel's wedding.

View from the window at the Ellsworth stop, I think. I'm constantly trying to figure out new ways to take pictures without anyone noticing me doing it. This man didn't get into a car, but veered off the his right at the last second. Probably because he saw me taking his photo.
Muriel again, still texting.

I took this photo on Friday morning on the way in. The white guy in the white t-shirt and the black kid to the side of him also in a white t-shirt--you might guess that they're typical teenagers; into their phones or their music or whatever---both of them stood up immediately to let an elderly couple take their seats.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the Muriels Wedding reference...Brilliant! Loved reading your funny entries. I have a site, would love people to check it out and give feedback! http://socalledlife.weebly.com/

xx
Anonymous said…
Your hero puts me in mind of Glenn Danzig, ha!
wandering genie said…
It would appear we have the same commute (at least the first part)!

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz