Tights

Leigh Ann and I were talking today about being dorky kids. She reminded me of the story I once told her from when I was little and I used to wear red tights on my head because I thought that they looked like braids. I really wanted long hair, and preferably hair like Laura Ingalls (this was a common theme in my childhood--wanting to be Laura Ingalls), so I thought that tights made a foolproof substitution until my hair (always cut pretty short) grew. I reasoned that the seam down the center looked like a hair part. I tied bows toward the end, just above the feet.

Here is what I looked like:

Pretty smart, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz