The Long Weekend

Not to be confused with The Long Winter, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I don't really have plans for this weekend, other than reading. I went to the library with my new BFF, Lisbeth, after work yesterday and checked out 6 books, including a S. King collection of short stories called Just After Sunset. I can't help it, I love Stephen King. I also got The Quiet Girl by Peter Hoeg, a Charles Baxter book, uh...Joyce Carol Oates book about writing called The Faith of a Writer, Tim O'Brien's July, July, and another JCO book, though this is a novel called Middle Age: A Romance. I talked to this guy last weekend who has met Joyce on a couple of occasions (she teaches at Princeton) and he said that she's very nice and wears big glasses. Just as I suspected.

I'm off to meet LM for a long walk to Macy's where I will hopefully resist from purchasing too many more things that I don't need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz