Decorations

As I've mentioned before, since we're not really approaching any kind of huge national holiday,the windows in South Philly have remained static. I don't think anyone will be putting up huge sunbursts for June 21st's summer solstice, but I do think we can expect 'merican and Confederate flags, red, white, and blue streamers, and Uncle Sam's to start bursting through the window panes as soon as June 1 hits. In the meantime, you can count on windows to display art.

For instance, here we have a Greek theme (I think?): Philosopher preparing to swan dive off the high jumping board, buff man in loincloth, elaborate feathered headdress, and boots, and the Parthenon equals what?


Look, our first American flag (I think it's up year round), alongside porcelain dolls, flowers, and a granny encased in a glass tube.

This is cute. This reminds me of Jodie for some reason. Maybe because she's always going on and on about Easter peeps.

Showgirl-leg based, fringed lamp accompanied by a miniature bobblehead of some dude. I don't know who he is meant to be. A coach?


I like this one too because of the sideways glancing cat, who is eyeing the harp-playing angel like,
I dare you to come one step closer.

Beauty.

Grumbley old cat next to a blue door.

You can't really tell from the photo, but this cat is huge. I wonder who placed the football there and if the cat frequently knocks it off or leaves it alone? I like the white statue to the right; a figure holding a kid, both of whom appear to be keeping a close watch on the big kitty. If you click on the picture for a larger view, you'll also note a Philadelphia Eagles flag. Not captured: the Phillies pennant at the top of the window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz