Sex in the City: Philadelphia Style

Went to a happy hour girl party at Celia's last night. She had a punch bowl full of sangria which I resisted. Heard tales of what it's like to be in love with your roomate and how one might try to deal with this from a purely cerebral approach. Then went home and made chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal for my class on Sat. and watched Sex in the City, a show I typically resist. However, this particular episode featured SJP saying goodbye to Mr. Big, who was moving to CA and may or may not have called her before he left. I kind of hated Mr. Big and SJP b/c she kept tilting her head to one side like a terrier. But then Mr. Big put on a record, "Moon River" sung by Henri Mancici and from the soundtrack of Breakast at Tiffany's, and I had to grudingly admit that it was slightly romantic. He held his hand out to her. She took it. They danced in his empty apartment. And I thought, Does this ever happen in real life? How many cinametic moments have I experienced? Not many. Maybe two. But still, it's nice to see it. Even if you know it will end badly. One can still hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz