I Am Charlotte Simmons

That's the book we're reading for the September book club and though I've never read any other Tom Wolfe books, I dove right into this one and like it a lot. He has one line I read this morning where he describes a timid mother as "a lab rabbit" which I thought captured her perfectly.

More Fishtown news:

*Kali told me that there was a naked fifteen year old girl standing outside of Crazy Fish peeing the other night (this is the bar near the house where I've gone by myself and met a 58 year old guy who bought me a shot before going off to meet is young mistress. After he left, I had a conversation with an older lady who was drinking and smoking and she told me about how she had cancer). Later, a friend from work dismissed the naked kid, saying she had spotted a 40 year old woman naked and peeing outside of a bar in Center City, so maybe it's just a new fad.

*I am scared of teen boys in long white t-shirts. They're on every corner. Kali is not scared of them. She runs out of the house brandishing a rolling pin and screaming. She's happy to be known by the kids on her block as the insane lady.

*We stopped in the Lost Bar off of Frankford Avenue and met one of the bartenders who was very nice and offered to send out for pizza. They have a pool table and Ms. PacMan and an aquarium. We will most likely return.

*Gretel has become a wild cat. We were out in the back on Sunday and she squatted down to pee in the dirt and then buried it. Good girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"