Kitty in the Bedsprings...

You have to say the title in a spooky voice ala Lady in the Water, the new movie that looks possibly really stupid though I confess I had a bad dream about it last night; a bad dream about a movie I haven't even seen. I think in the dream, this woman was pushed over a bridge and was drowning over and over again and haunting people because of it. But okay I just watched the movie trailer with QuickTime and it appears that it's about this fairy tale woman who shows up in a pool and accidentally unleashes these bad people from another world. Huh?

But I digress. The original purpose for the title is in reference to Henri's new hiding place. When moving in, we discovered Shawn's boxspring wouldn't fit and so we had to saw it in half. The attempt was somewhat unsuccessful in that it disallowed for later putting the springs on an actual frame. Instead, it's on the floor as though we're still in college. There are two perfect rips on either side of the boxspring that Henri somehow discovered and now he likes to hide out underneath us when he gets scared, all up in the boxspring which has a narrow passage he can crouch in. Shawn likes to whisper, Do you hear scratching? That's the kitty in the boxpring...

Went to Circle Thrift last night to paw through their junk. Two girls came in and one said, "What exactly are you looking for?" The other girl said, "I don't know. Something funky for the wedding." They came upon the old discarded 1980s style wedding dresses and the one girl said, "Omigod, what if I wore a wedding dress to the wedding? And then in all the pictures at the reception of the bride and groom, I'd just be this figure standing in the background in this horrible cast-off wedding dress." I thought it was a fabulous idea.

Comments

Liz said…
Wait - wasn't that the dress I was going to get for the wedding I have to go to? Before we found the pink polka dot one, that is...
Aimee said…
I was thinking of you when I wrote that too--I still think you should find a puffy-sleeved dress...Dare you to wear it to the rehearsal dinner at least. It should have sweat stains on it and a somewhat frayed hem.

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz