Because My Mother Told Me To

Got an email from my mom today, reminding me that it has been over a week since I've posted a blog entry. Maybe that's because we have a new official work blog that I've been managing and so I don't have much energy to think of creative entries. But, I do have subway photos from last week, so there's really no excuse not to just put those up. I also had my presentation of Sophie Calle last night. I was slated to go third in line. I started to feel really uncomfortable when I realized that the two women in front of me had typed up pages...Both of them read fairly finished, polished papers. Meanwhile, I had a PowerPoint with some notes and photographs. NOT a finished piece. I started fantasizing about running from the room and then just dropping the class or asking the teacher if I could go another day. But, when it came time for me to go, I explained that my presentation was going to be more conversational, and he said it was fine. He was actually very supportive of what I was saying, and amused by the work, so it turned out fine, despite the hour-long anticipation of utter failure in comparison to the conference paper presentations of the other two.

I didn't mention my Sophie-Calle inspired subway project. Here is a rough looking man and a beautiful woman. Will the twain ever meet?

South Philly women--I forget what they were talking about, but I like the woman's black hair piled on top of her head.


A ginger. This one is for Leigh Ann.

I wish this photo had turned out better. He looked so preoccupied and handsome.

Panic as the train arrives.
Two guys got on the trolley, thinking the driver could break a $20, as they didn't have anything smaller. The driver said no. They asked this lady if she had change for a $20. She said she would sell them 2 tokens for $10. Having no other choice, they said okay. Way to profit off others vulnerability, lady.

Is she looking at me? Does she know that I'm taking her picture? Seems like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Consumed