All Apologies

Here's my state of mind for the last several days: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Z!Z!Z !Z!Z!Z!Z! What that represents is me being freaked out and running in five different directions for hours at a time and then falling into a coma-like sleep. My bff and former roommate/co-building manager/confidante/substitute sister, Jodie, came into town on Monday night from way far away in Idaho and we stayed up laughing until maybe 2 or 3 in the morning and then my alarm jerked me awake at 6:15 a.m. so I could begin a new phase of my professional life. Worked all day, returned home to see Jodie, went to dinner at this authentic Italian restaurant where all the waitresses called us "honey" and brought huge plates of pasta followed by a cannoli. Jodie paid, despite the fact that she had already brought me a birthday gift, an artfullly illustrated edition of Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales.

After dinner, we went back to C & P's to take care of the kittens and watch TV and then stay up again laughing more. Wednesday: two alarms went off, I ran to the South Street subway, worked all day, then booked it back to meet Jodie at Whole Foods. She made lentils for dinner and we watched TV (including Super Nanny and a terrible show called Bridezilla!) and went to bed at a responsible hour, but I was still a little hepped up and there was the alarm again, still earlier than I'm used to. Jodie told me that I was snoring like a cartoon character: Honk shoo, honk shoo, honk shoo...So, here we are at Thursday already and Jodie has gone away. We didn't get to spend enough time together because of my 8:30-5:30 schedule, but it was still great to see her and we didn't even get into one single fight. Checked on the kittens today after work and felt guilty for not spending enough time with them, but I really really wanted to get home to take off my work clothes and do nothing. While she was here, Jodie, in typical heroic/masochistic fashion, discovered that the reason that my house smells like cat pee is because some cat has been peeing in the basement. Who knew! She put a red kercheif over her mouth and went into the basement to mop up the mess. She soon realized that she had toxified the room by pouring bleach over the pee (I guess ammonia and bleach are a bad combination). In any case, my house has been exorcised of the horrible smell that I thought was just mold or fumes coming in from outside, all thanks to Jodie, who is a hard worker and will do pretty much anything you ask of her.

Missed The Bachelorette update, though I did get to see the first hour of it while waiting to go pick Jodie up at the airport. Here's my summary:

Deeyawna got rid of the virgin, the hyper Greek man with the pointy nose, and the guy I liked the best. She probably ix-nayed him because he did a terrible job of singing the national anthem and couldn't hit one single baseball even though he's supposedly a professional athlete. I kind of hate Deeyawna for this. Who cares if the guy is athletic? I'll take mine soft-armed and funny, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz