"You Together with Someone?"

That's part of a conversation I overheard on my way to work today---a man and a woman waiting for the bus, and the guy was obviously hitting on the woman. He said, "You together with someone? You got a man?" The lady just laughed and I kept going and so didn't get to hear the rest of the discussion.I walked up 15th street today for a change of pace and scenery. Saw a cute little white and black patched three legged dog, but resisted petting him for fear he would topple over.

Went to Zumba last night, but we had a different teacher--one with a very round bottom and a penchant for Hawaiian-ish luau moves. She kept a smile on her face the whole time. We did a lot of jiggedy-jiggedy hip movements and thrusts. I didn't hate it, but the other teacher's class is much more high energy and the time seems to fly by.

Here is how nice my friends are. Julie in State College sent me a birthday present, though I have probably never, ever have gotten her anything and have yet to meet one of her children yet (she has, like, two or three?). She ordered this print on etsy.com because she said it reminded her of me. Don't you love it to death? If you click on the link, you can read the text.


And then I would like to add this artistic rendering of Ernesto, right before he takes a huge bite out of this new plant I bought with the $20 my grandmother sent me (also for my birthday). He is the loveliest and, as my mother would say, his fur is so white.

Oh, and one last thing. This is a photo of a stray that Padhraig snapped recently in Ireland. Quite the healthiest looking feral cat I've ever seen, though a bit depressed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz