Why I Love My Friends

Padhraig sends cat bereavement card along with a photo of his dead dog and a copy of the new Justin Timberlake CD. He writes:

"Dear Aimee,

Sorry to hear about your cat. He was always my favorite. The older one seemed like a bit of a dick. I didn't really mean that. I hear there is a new cat. Hurrah! See you soon.
--P

P.S. Have seen picture of the new cat--cute! But not as cute as our family dog, Cracker, who passed away last year. She was a vicious bastard. We loved her. See enclosed.

P.P.S. J. Tim is actually not that good!"

Padhraig used to always refer to Jodie and my cats as "it." As in, "How is it? What's it doing now?" He took care of Puddy when Puddy had a tumor the size of a grapefruit on her mouth. I believe he knew that Gretel was a girl cat and not a boy, but I could be just saying this to make myself feel better. I wish I knew how to use my scanner and I'd add the pic of his dog Cracker, who is stretched out on a red blanket with a bone in her mouth. She may or may not have legs. It's hard to tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz