Zumba Makes You Feel Bad Inside

Not really, but taking the class did remind me that I never properly learned how to step-ball-change. Went with Carrie and Jenn B. last night to see what it was like and luckily, there were only two other people who'd taken it before, so the rest of us were flailing our arms around together. The class is basically this combination of Latin dance interspersed with fist pumps and "whoot" noises. I could almost sort of get the steps, but not always the steps along with the hand motions. It reminded me of when I was in middle school and would turn on my clock radio and just bounce around my bedroom listening to Quiet Riot and Pat Benatar or whoever else they played. Alls you gotta to do is jump around, jump around, jump up, jump up and jump down (name that song). Oh, and shimmy. Oh, and try not to knock your teeth out when bumping into other awkward participants. The class made me feel a little sorry for Kate Gosselin. Hey, people, it's not that easy to learn the Merengue. Especially not with hair extensions weighing down your light-footedness.

Here is an example. I am played by the 7 and 1/2 month pregnant Latino woman. 




Comments

Jenn Bing said…
WE ARE SO AWESOME!!! ZUMBA LOVES ME!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz