Holiday Visits

Jodie came into town last week for the MLA English interviews and so we got to hang out a couple of times. Here we are in a restaurant. She would not give me her hat to keep, not matter how much I begged and pleaded.

After dinner, we went back to the Sofitel, where Jodie bought me a chocolate martini for about $35 and we listened to someone go on about how life is the same for everyone around the world. At one point, he even said, "What is life?" We were not amused nor impressed.
I took this picture of the matching cats b/c they remind me of Paul Skoles and Piper. Same cat family.


My mother stayed to help me when I first broke my arm. Mainly, she just served as a place for the cats to sleep on.


Not a job she took to with gusto.

The blob on her stomach in the below photo is Emma Carol, in typical slug-shape.


She attaches herself to anyone and everyone who walks through the door.


I took this picture while exiting the Snyder subway stop earlier this fall. How many dogs do you see for this ONE woman to walk?


And your snow windows.


Plus one for happy new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz