Love the Beanbag Chair

My mom recently mailed me a bunch of old photographs that I need to scan and send back to her. Here is one--I'm about 5 or 6. This is at my grandpa and grandma's house in Nebraska, where we used to live. I do not know what I am holding. A beer pong? Grandma looks crabby in
the background, but that's probably mostly because she never liked getting her picture done. It does look as though she's recently been to the beauty parlor to get her hair shaped into its Sunday best.

We looked at more houses yesterday and saw one or two with this same paneling on the walls as shown in the photo. Only really one old person house, and it was well-maintained. The houses all start to look the same after awhile. Stairs to the left, narrow hallways, three bedrooms in a row upstairs. Saw one house I like a lot, but I'm not going to mention anything about it because I don't want to jinx it. Jeanne showed me a great house with lots of original detail--little built in cupboards and glass door knobs--but it wasn't in the best area and the house across the street was abandoned and looked like the perfect place for a crackhead to turn tricks undisturbed. So, won't get that one. It also didn't have a washer or dryer or a refrigerator. It was cheap though. We'll see...

Comments

Liz said…
Definitely hold out for a non-crack house place with a washer dryer. I couldn't live without one again...

Popular posts from this blog

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Consumed