Friday photos including turtles

I didn't walk a ton this week, but I have some photos to showcase. First, please see this bit of architectural detail conveniently labeled for your clear understanding:


And though it is not Easter, you may enjoy this lovely Easter egg tree.



If you look closely at this photo, you will discover an animal perched somewhere in the vicinity of the branches. It hangs out there on nice summer days, causing a ruckus.



Cat who looks like a fatter version of Ernesto.


My charms won him over.



On Memorial Day, we took Luke to a canoe park. Ten points for me for spotting the first turtle.

I made the mistake of jokingly telling Luke that I had a twitching problem and might rock the boat. That made him tell me every 4-5 minutes to sit still. Don't rock it, Aimee! It didn't help when I dropped an oar in the water and almost did capsize us reaching for it.



Shortly after this photo, Luke accidentally (?) hit me on the back of the head with an oar. Dan did most of the steering and reassuring. We encountered two spiders living in the canoe and I disposed of them in a humane way though Luke would have preferred then to be killed just as a safety precaution.



Turtle in the moss.

Trust me, there were many other turtle photos, but I won't bore you further.


And here is the other picture I promised Julie last week...This is the postcard that came with the picture she sent for my birthday. You can't really read the text in this photo, but it says, "WE shared a bear suit at an apartment party Saturday night...M4W." Love it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz