The View From Here

I've been meaning to write about this humiliating moment that happened to me the other day. I was on my way to work, wearing this cute new (used) dress with a longer skirt. I actually remembered to put on a slip, and it was a longer slip because the dress falls below the knee. I hadn't worn the slip for awhile and I remember when I discovered it in my dresser, I was like, Oh, good, a nice white slip. So, I was sashaying down the sidewalk, after having just waved at the little girl who lives next door (and who I have always imagined sees me as a mentor, like, Gee, I want to be just like that lady when I grow up!) when I found myself stopped short. Because my slip had fallen down to my feet. I nearly tripped over it. It puddled on the ground around my shoes, and I had to figure out a way to gracefully step out of it (not possible). It turns out that the elastic was way too loose, probably from age or moths. So much for being a stunning role model for the neighbor girl.

Here is a photo of squirrel in the tree outside my window at work (note frat house in the background).



And here is same squirrel, climbing even higher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candyman: Race, Class, Sexuality, Gender, and Disability

Short story by Lauren Groff, "At the Round Earth's Imagined Corners"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz